Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The world is against me studying.

Among the many distractions, including chocolate frappucinos, beautiful sunny days, excellent going-out hair and the sheer terror that I have to sit my bio exam tomorrow, G-Money phoned and wanted us to Do Stuff so he wouldn't be bored. I might have agreed, had I not been Doing Stuff all week instead of studying. Later on Mary called, which must have been the 16879983th time the phone had rung that day. Now, Mary didn't want to distract me from studying, but one of our topics of conversation did, and I had to control myself from turning on my computer. I've been good - first time online all day. Of course, there was election coverage via Fox News on Prime that I watched for about 3 seconds before turning it off in horror. (Has anyone seen that episode of The Simpsons where Krusty runs for office of some sort and they parody Fox News? I know they mock Fox all the time, but I wonder how they managed to get that on air, considering they are broadcast by Fox who are allegedly rabidly Republican.) And then my flatmate came home and like a magnet attracted the noisiest friends she has to spontaneously congregate in our lounge/kitchen/dining room.

However, I am improving. I now no longer want to throw myself out the window. My books are a different story...

In other news, my lecturer also writes awesome things. Sample exam question:

You are looking at this paper and feeling rage. Which part of the brain is most heavily involved?

And the best thing is I actually know the answer. That, Dr. Dave, would be the hypothalamus.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?