Monday, November 22, 2004

Mel Gibson, and other good things.
Last night as we sat and watched CSI, and NCIS, and half of Josie and the Pussycats, and other such quality television, I was thinking how odd it is, that people can be so incredibly famous, and yet you will have seen hardly any of their films.
Take Tom Cruise. I've seen Mission Impossible and Minority Report. And I didn't see either of those until I was at least 14. And yet, I have been WELL aware of who Tom Cruise is for a good 14 years. [And I am only 20. Okay, make that 12 years.] I find this odd.
On the other hand, take Mel Gibson. I have seen [in no particular order]:Gallipoli, Pocahontas, Lethal Weapon 1, Lethal Weapon 2, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 4, Mad Max 1, Mad Max 2, Forever Young, What Women Want, Braveheart, Ransom, Maverick, and probably more.

Guess who Mary likes.
Wait, I've also seen Interview with a Vampire. Score 3 for Tom Cruise. [And how many for Mellie?]

Brad Pitt similarly I've only seen about 5. And how many of them all the way through? Not Seven. Not True Romance. [Proof not all the hot men in the world can make a movie watchable. On the other hand I did sit all the way through Interview with a Vampire. But that had Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Christian Slater and Antonio. Nice going. Except for the whole long flowing hair thing.]

Ooh, the Patriot. Baaaad movie. Bad Mel.

Now, I will change the subject. [After saying everyone should watch Forever Young [sigh] and Maverick [young and hot.] ]

And I've forgotten what else I had to say. It was something sportish. I have cricket practise tonight. Now, is the noun practice or practise? I can never remember. It's like defence and defense. Except I think it's I practise my defence, and I defend my practice. So I have cricket practice tonight.

And now I will go listen to Rock Your Body, cos it is stuck in my head, and keeps turning into Like I Love You.

I can't believe we lost that test. It was all heading nicely to a nice draw and then FUCK.
Mary cries. Except not.

Man. I want to be home and going on random drives to Te Awamutu. And not being tormented by knowing things. I agree with Steff, university has ruined my life. I can't hear people's names with out thinking "Timothy? That's from timotheus, the greek meaning I honour God" or similar. IT'S AWFUL.

Stephen Fleming on the tension between the teams:
There's nothing more than usual. I'd be disappointed if it was all cuddles and handshakes.

Hehheh. Cuddles. Can just see a bunch of international cricketers having cuddles with each other. [Scary part is, I can. Ergh.]

Now if they were rugby players. [Rugbyers? hmmm.] Can just see Carl Hayman and Richie McCaw giving say, George Gregan or Percy Montgomery [hehheh, Percy.] a big hug.
Possibly quite painful.

Anyways, I'm going to go to the library and look in the employment section of the paper for a job. Excuse me.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?