Tuesday, July 20, 2004

How the mighty have fallen.
You know, time was when I didn't even read the sports section in the newspaper. Now, when I come online, what are the first pages I go to? allblacks.com and cricinfo.com. I'm pathetic, that's what I am.
 
I think I have an addictive personality. As in, I get addicted easily, not people get addicted to me because I'm a bit boring for that, but I mean, seriously. I spent most of my high school life dedicated to mocking [but lovingly so] *Nsync.  Of course, that is all over now.....she says, without lying or anything like that.
 And then there was [and is] Pearl Jam. I have, what, 15 or 17? cds now. Which given I own approximately 52 cds is a pretty high percentage. And only 7 of them are studio albums, the rest are concerts. And the odd single.
 And then there was cricket. And now there is rugby.
 
[And the odd little other obsession in between. Like Buffy, and Monarch of the Glen.]
 
Just as I was writing all of this, I noticed a common factor. We'll call it, for the sake of short men everywhere, the McCullum factor.
 
they have them! All of them do! They have a short/amusingly cute by accident of name, height, large wicket-keeping gloves, being born in Mississippi or just really pretty man in the mix somewhere.
For Example:
Lance from Nsync was born in Mississippi. He makes me laugh just by existing.
McCullum, the cricketer, has large wicketkeeping gloves and is short, and amuses me greatly.
Daniel Carter is extraordinarily pretty for a rugby player, thus rendering him amusing.
He also looks like Archie from Monarch of the Glen. Archie amuses me, but Duncan amuses me still more, and he is the McCullum of Glenbogle.
 
Now, the laws of physics state that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This has very little to do with anything, but it brings me to my next point: The Oram Factor. [Otherwise known as Tall Men That Amuse Me.]
As you may have guessed, Oram is the cricketer who falls into this category. He is Very Tall Indeed.
I think I find this amusing because I am 5ft1.
JC from Nsync is also tall, but I find him amusing for many reasons, not least his taste in clothes.
Chris Jack is also Very Tall.
And Paul from Monarch of the Glen goes in this category as well.
 
I could also name examples closer to home, but I won't. Let's just say that Wonderboy and the Crotch also fall into these categories. Wouldn't you agree, Steff?
 
You may notice that I have left Pearl Jam and Buffy out of this list. This is because Buffy only has Spike, and Pearl Jam transcends the McCullum factor by making music worth listening to, which neither *Nsync, nor any of the other groups for that matter, do. Although I must admit I have an mp3 of the haka on my computer. Sad but true.
            
There was a point to all this but I've forgotten it what it was. Possibly I just wanted to mention McCullum cos I haven't for ages.
 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?